Joel G Hargis has been a Licensed Attorney in the State of Arkansas since 2004 with a focus in bankruptcy, bankruptcy litigation, consumer advocacy, debtor’s rights, fair debt collection and fair credit reporting issues.
Joel was born in Fort Smith, AR and grew up in the nearby town of Greenwood. At eight, he and his family moved to Conway where Joel attended Conway High School and later earned his B.A. in English and Political Science from the University of Central Arkansas. Joel Graduated from UCA and attended the William H. Bowen School of Law at the University of Arkansas Little Rock campus. Joel graduated from UALR in 2003.
Joel has a heart for helping people. Upon passing the bar, he never considered going into corporate law. He enjoys the almost instant satisfaction a client gets when his efforts get the collection calls to stop. This passion has earned him a spot on Super Lawyers Rising Star list from 2011 to 2014.
Joel works alongside his wife and paralegal, Mandy, who keeps him on task in the office. They’re also busy raising three children – 12, 11 and 9 – who are, “Quite frankly, the best children a parent could hope for.”
- State of Arkansas
- U. S. Court of Appeals Eighth circuit
- U. S. District Court Eastern District of Arkansas
- U. S. District Court Western District of Arkansas
- U.S. District Court Western District of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court Eastern Oklahoma
- J.D. Doctor of Jurisprudence, University of Arkansas at Little Rock, 2003
- B.A. University of Central Arkansas, 1999
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Arkansas Bar Association – Member
- Tennessee Bar Association – Member
- American Bar Association – Member
- Arkansas Trial Lawyers Association (ATLA) – Member
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys (NACBA) – Member
- NACA – Member
- Graduate of Max Gardner Bankruptcy Bootcamp – Lt
- ATLA – President’s Award – 2012
- NACBA – Distinguished Member Award – 2013
- Super Lawyers – Rising Star, 2011-2014